- Work with the top management on the strategic vision as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts as well as potential mergers or acquisitions.
- Assist the CEO and COO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective deliveries.
- Ensure adequate controls systems are available for the finance unit.
- Thorough valuations for pipeline investments and companies.
- Provide the COO with an operating budget.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization and ability to obtain credit facilities from different banks to support company’s operations.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs through effective treasury management for the whole group.
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting.
- Completion of a master's degree in accounting or business administration will be a plus.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Five to seven years of financial experience in similar industry and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 50 staff persons.
- Laws, regulations, and rules governing banking work requirements
- Create and assess financial statements and budget documents.
- Knowledge of basic leadership practices.
- Skill in performing detailed numerical computations.
- Skill in preparing detailed reports on a timely basis.
- Skill in the use of computer hardware and software (Example: Office, Oracle, SAP, etc…).
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
Apply to this Job
Forward to Friend