▪ As a member of the leadership team, contribute to the broader development of the Bank’s vision,
mission and strategy to ensure the organization achieves its short, medium, and long-term objectives.
▪ Lead the development of the functional strategy for the assigned function, ensuring its alignment with the
broader objectives of the organization.
▪ Oversee the development and achievement of the function’s performance metrics in order to meet the
Bank’s organization goals and key performance indicator targets.
▪ Build and lead a motivated, engaged and competent manpower throughout the function, by setting
functional priorities and objectives, managing performance, and providing ongoing feedback and
coaching to meet the organizational unit’s challenges and goals.
▪ Serve as a role model to ensure employees’ awareness and commitment to the Bank’s vision,
mission, values, the Bank fundamentals and corporate strategy to establish a highly engaged and
motivated manpower, and continuously improve performance.
Organization Structure, Manpower Planning and Budgeting
Define an optimal organization structure for the Group Finance function and direct the development of
the respective functional structure to ensure efficient and effective utilization of resources.
▪ Provide support and input for the development of the function’s manpower plan collaborating with Human
Capital to ensure timely and best-of-class delivery of tasks.
▪ Provide direction on the preparation and consolidation of the function’s budget in line with the Bank’s
annual business plan.
▪ Oversee the consolidation and recommend the function’s budget and monitor financial performance
versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory
performance are identified, and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement
opportunities are capitalized upon.
▪ Direct functional departments towards continuous improvement and the achievement of the Bank’
business plan, budget and KPI’s, responding proactively and making changes as required.
▪ Stays abreast of the latest technology and tools available for use to ensure the department operates as
efficiently as possible whilst delivering a responsive client and customer focused service.
▪ Build high levels of trust and understanding with key internal and external stakeholders to promote full
compliance with industry regulations and promote broader understanding of the Bank’s interests and
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
▪ Provide direction for the development and implementation of functional policies, systems, processes and
procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement to ensure an efficient and effective operation.
▪ Ensure operations are in compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures
and instructions related to all relevant regulatory directives to ensure a safe and risk-free environment.
▪ Direct the planning, implementation and monitoring of major change initiatives across the organization,
and highlight to the management on critical findings, to enable informed decision making and ensure
that projects are completed on time, within budget and as per quality standards.
Job Specific Accountabilities
▪ Oversee the development and execution of cash management strategy to ensure a strong cash flow
position and the availability of funds for the Bank’s lending operations in line with the bank’s mandate
and SAMA guidelines.
▪ Approve the use of assets, cash transactions, and cash flow to efficiently allocate the Bank’s funds,
and direct future allocation decisions and credit movement across portfolios and accounts.
▪ Develop and maintain privileged relationships with banking and financial institutions to support the
Bank’s mandate and enable funding solutions for SMEs to strengthen their role in the Kingdom’s
▪ Lead the development, growth and management of SME customers via referrals and self-sourcing
through centers of influence, community involvement, and existing customer base to ensure the
▪ Engage and support both Kafala’s guarantees and SVC’s investment activities ensuring financial
oversight for the Bank and affiliated entities.
Oversee the development and execution of accounting strategy to ensure that financial transactions,
accounts, invoices and fixed assets are accurate and in compliance with SAMA standards.
▪ Ensure that the Bank has an appropriate accounting treatment and monitoring system, that permits
business development while protecting profitability, and that all regulatory requirements are in
compliance with SAMA regulations.
▪ Oversee the reconciliation of all financial transactions and accounts, including payroll, to ensure the
identification of any anomalous transactions caused by fraud or accounting mistakes in line with
relevant committees and government policies.
▪ Monitor taxes and regulatory requirements within SME Bank to ensure that tax returns are filed, and rules
are followed in accordance with SAMA and the Ministry of Finance (MoF).
Planning & Control
▪ Oversee the development and execution of Planning and Control strategy which includes financial and
budgeting reports to ensure the safeguarding of bank assets and the limitation or control of financial risks
in order to achieve the Bank’s financial objectives in line with SAMA guidelines.
▪ Lead and monitor the yearly budget planning, forecast and consolidation to ensure that SME Bank’s
future financial strategies and plans are aligned with the Bank’s budgetary goals across the board.
▪ Authorize the submission of periodic financial and performance reports executed by internal or external
auditors to relevant committees, Board of Directors and CEO for approval.
▪ Monitor collection portfolios and segments dashboard as well as financial performance to ensure the
alignment of projects with the Bank’s financial strategic direction.
▪ Ensure the effective use of financial resource guiding internal efforts to achieve synergy between the
Bank’s projects and the identification of opportunities to enhance collection performance process in line
with SAMA guidelines.
▪ Determine the rescheduling and remedial financial structure in accordance with risk policies and financial
liquidity considerations to ensure the Bank’s best financial practices