Risk and Compliance (“RKM”) strives to maintain a well-balanced risk profile for the Bank while enabling businesses to thrive. Our team actively manages non-financial distribution risk of investment products. We are dedicated to collaborate with businesses and other functional units to develop and implement robust and customized risk management frameworks and measures to maintain the strong market position of the Bank.
Wealth Risk Management – Supporting Head of WPB Risk in bringing together the various second line steward views of non-financial distribution risk of investment products throughout the product and distribution lifecycle (covering retail banking and private banking business).
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Wealth Risk Manager.
- New investment products/services due diligence to ensure suitability and fairness to target customers and formulate controls over new products and services
- On-going on-shelf products review to ensure distribution risk is maintained within the Bank’s risk appetite and assess controls’ effectiveness including investment product’s models review
- Assess sales process controls’ sufficiency based on customer fairness and customer protection principles.
- Review and challenge internal control’s post sales monitoring and to enhance controls over sales process by frontline staffs
- Independent review on controls implementation
- Attend governance and panel meetings to offer holistic opinions over investment products’ distribution risks
- As a regional role to the bank wealth risk management
- University degree in in Finance, Risk Management or a related discipline OR other relevant qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in consumer banking industry with exposure to general banking products as well as investment products and branch distribution framework
- Professional qualification such as CFA Charter, FRM Charter preferred
- Self-motivated, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and make decisions independently
- Excellent communication, project management, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
Candidates with less relevant experience will be considered for the position of Assistant Wealth Risk Manager / Wealth Risk Officer.