Overall Purpose of Job:
To support the Financial Reporting Team in the day to day accounting operations across the Middle East region.
- Be involved in VAT matters including monthly customer Invoicing and VAT Returns Preparation
- Lead VAT accounting, reporting in Dubai.
- Co-ordinate the External Audit process for various Entities within the region.
- Assist in establishing a strong control framework to ensure that all reporting requirements are undertaken on a timely and accurate basis.
- Be responsible for analysing and interpreting the Bank’s financial data and communicating this information to key stakeholders.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of Finance policies, procedures and internal control systems in the Middle East Region in order to ensure that the Bank’s assets are being fully optimized and safeguarded as well as to ensure uniformity, consistency, accuracy and timeliness of all financial reporting.
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements
- A good understanding of IFRS and Regulatory Financial Reporting requirements (ideally DFSA, CBUAE, CBB, QFCRA, )
- Advanced Excel skills
- Numerically competent
- Financial Statements Preparation as per IFRS
- The ideal candidate will need to be adaptable, flexible and demonstrate own initiative and judgement to approaching tasks with excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Accounting qualifications such as CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
Job Code: HC#JCN/17647/2019