Strategic and Managerial Responsibilities
• In collaboration with the Group Head and in alignment with the group Strategy, develops the
strategy for the division and guides the development of strategy for the reporting department,
in line with the stated group priorities.
• Prepares and manages the annual budget for the division and reporting departments in
conjunction with the group budget and secures subsequent approval, tracks expenditure and
ensures adherence to the budget.
• Supports the development of the workforce plan for the division by providing inputs for own
• Provides inputs to forecasting the workforce requirements for the Group.
• Approves and oversees the implementation of the Group’s policies, procedures and controls
so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality
and cost-effective services.
• Leads the creation of the overall compliance framework for the group by defining the
compliance mandate in areas such as financial crime, regulatory compliance, and conduct
risk in line with the bank business strategy and regulatory requirements.
• Reviews compliance-related complaints and prepare written instructions for employees, when
• Promotes awareness of compliance issues and train employees on compliance-related
matters through periodic programs; and Report promptly any irregularities or violations to
SAMA and the audit committee
• Guides the Compliance & AML Manager to establish/implement compliance policies and
procedures within the bank to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
• Assesses and reviews the Real Estate Finance Products, ensuring that they comply with legal
and regulatory requirements and safeguards internal control.
• Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops/implements corrective
action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to
avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
• Oversees the preparation of quarterly reports and ensures that the Head of Legal and
Governance, the Board, and the Audit Committee are kept informed about the operations and
progress of Compliance related efforts at the company.
• Assists with remediation and other action to address AML/CTF gaps identified during
assurance and regulatory reviews.
• Collaborates with the groups to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels
for investigation and resolution. Facilitates the coordination with the Legal Department as
needed to resolve complex legal compliance issues.
• Oversees the tracking and reporting of unusual financial activities to the concerned authorities
and the management as per group’s policy and ensures that they are dealt with in a timely
and professional manner.
• Ensures effective communication with Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA) and other
regulatory authorities, and resolves queries or issues raised by them, if required.
• Institutionalizes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the company,
including promoting heightened awareness of Code of Conduct, and understanding of new
and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
People Management Responsibilities
• Develops and nurtures a continuous talent pipeline for key roles in the Group and provides
mentoring for high potential talent.
• Defines and facilitates the achievement of goals and key performance indicators for direct
reports and ensures effective implementation of the performance management process in the
• Nurtures talent within the sector by providing guidance, ongoing feedback, and coaching and
development opportunities to individuals to enable achievement of the defined goals.
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in Law, Accountancy, Business Administration or any other
• Preferred: Master’s Degree in Compliance/Risk Management preferred
• Not Applicable
Years of Experience • At least 8 years of relevant experience with 4 years in a supervisory position
Experience • Prior experience in Compliance function in a leading bank or reputed company
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Planning and organizing skills
• Decision making skills
• Excellent Communication and Negotiation skills
• Computer literate including knowledge of MS Office
Skills • Fluent written and spoken English & Arabic essential