Reporting to Chief Executive Officer.
Directing and managing company financial planning, budgeting, and accounting practices. Monitoring and overseeing the financial position and performance of the company and its business units. Developing and overseeing the implementation of internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures, as well as directing end-of-year closing and audit findings. Providing advice and recommendations on strategic financial decisions, and managing the relationship with the financial community and institutions.
- Participating in the development of the corporate strategy; Identifying and directing the implementation of the set corporate strategy and plans within the area of responsibility.
- Advising the CEO and Board, through the CEO, on strategic business developments and key corporate planning issues, as well as providing recommendations on various business decisions.
- Planning, managing, and directing the Finance Division activities that fall within area of responsibility to achieve set targets while maintaining performance standards and quality.
- Directing the development of estimated budgets and monitoring the expenditures and financial performance of the Finance Division.
- Reviewing and updating objectives and plans within area of responsibility in line with current/ changing conditions on regular basis.
- Maintaining and developing corporate culture, values and repute with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and other external bodies.
Technical & Executive
- Managing the yearly planning and budgeting activities.
- Managing and controlling of cash Flow, credit & collection policy, authority matrix, government regulations and all policies related to finance.
- Providing all stakeholders (CEO, board, Business Units’ Heads, etc.) with advice, and timely and accurate information regarding financial conditions and financial trends.
- Managing and coordinating the creation and running of financial programs within the company.
- Directing and coordinating the preparation of financial documents, financial reports, special analyses, and other information reports.
- Evaluating needs for procurement of funds and investment of surplus, and developing appropriate recommendations regarding ensuring a healthy cash flow through proper management.
- Analyzing financial reports to highlight areas of opportunity and areas of potential risk as per the strategic direction and objectives of the company.
- Participating in the evaluation and prioritization of improvement projects; including IPO and capital structure, and providing the Board with advice on their related issues.
- Directing and overseeing the preparation and conduction of regular external and internal audits.
- Studying both short and long-term economic trends to plan for future growth in various investments and market share as well as opportunities for acquisitions, expansion, or other.
- Providing the financial input on decision-making issues affecting the company; such as the evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers, and investments.
- Providing direction and consultancy regarding budgeting policies and procedures, as well as efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Ensuring compliance with financial reporting requirements imposed by legal, governmental, and professional bodies (i.e. DZIT, SOCPA, and IFRS).
- Developing and implementing Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Developing and maintaining relationships with financial institutions, investment bankers, financial analysts, shareholders as well as the rest of the financial community, and following up on their issues/ concerns.
- Conducting periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of subordinates and their respective functions and ensuring compliance with policies and objectives of the company, as well as assessing their contributions/efforts towards attaining the set objectives.
- Recommending appropriate training courses to subordinates as per the pre-determined training needs and evaluating their effectiveness.
- Following-up on subordinates’ administrative affairs such as: vacations, leaves…etc.
- Nominating a deputy to carry out the responsibility of the position whenever the need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- CMA or equivalent professional certificate
- CFA or equivalent professional certificate
- Post graduate degree in Accounting
- Fifteen years of relevant experience, of which at least seven years are in a Senior managerial position, and three years as a Financial Controller or CFO
- Experience as a CFO in a relevant industry or a large company
Arabic & English