We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Management, Network VAS Products
Define Network VAS Product strategy for Middle East/Africa (MEA) and develop Go-To-Market plan across key Geographies / Products.
- Develop and implement a product and sales strategy for switching across MEA covering new investments, managing and deploying existing partnerships and commercializing existing processing assets to establish MasterCard brand leadership in the payment space.
Provides design specifications for and develops new products and services or their components.
- Researches new technologies and competitive products to develop additional product ideas and enhancements
Develop and implement a product and sales strategy for switching across MEA including switching, issuer & acquirer processing with varied approaches catered to different countries.
- Have good understanding of Network “Value Added Services” to enable driving the commercial and product value proposition discussion with target customers
- Develop new products and product enhancements to anticipate and/or respond to customers’ needs, market trends and competitive threats that will result in increased revenues.
- Develop region specific sales strategies to help drive sales of Value Added services
- Generate ideas to enhance MasterCard’s suite of product offerings and create competitive advantage based on feedback from Product Management and customer account teams
- Develop and present business cases supporting new product concepts or product enhancements
- Comply with the New Product Development/Go-To-Market (NPD/GTM) Process from concept through launch
- Develop product designs and specifications with input from client facing teams, internal development teams and other stakeholders
- Participate in the planning, development and design of product marketing strategy and in the execution of advertising, promotional, and sales programs Educate Product Management, Product Sales and Account Management teams on features, benefits and technical aspects of product offerings
Related business experience in product conceptualization, design and development, preferably in financial services or the bankcard industry
- Solid knowledge of the payments business coupled with the ability to translate customers’ needs into revenue generating product designs
- Knowledge of the switching industry (business rather than technical) is a must and experience of working in MEA markets would be an advantage
- Product development operations experience desirable
- Significant experience building sound business cases, designing payments products relevant to the market, and delivering results within budget
- Proven record of success in relationship development, contract negotiation, and commercial development of relationships
- Management experience is required.
- Expertise in applying product development concepts and practices across the product development life cycle
- Ability to develop, define and execute a business strategy to solve an existing business problem and/or open a new business opportunity
- Business acumen with the ability to create solutions that produce positive results for the customer and Mastercard
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Outstanding negotiation and project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player in a highly matrixed environment across functions and regions
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and influence internal and external business partners
- Proven ability to manage budgets and produce significant financial results
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.