▪ As a member of the leadership team, contribute to the broader development of the Bank’s vision,
mission and strategy to ensure the organization achieves its short, medium, and long-term objectives.
▪ Lead the development of the functional strategy for the assigned function, ensuring its alignment with the
broader objectives of the organization.
▪ Oversee the development and achievement of the function’s performance metrics in order to meet the
Bank’s organization goals and key performance indicator targets.
▪ Build and lead a motivated, engaged and competent manpower throughout the function, by setting
functional priorities and objectives, managing performance, and providing ongoing feedback and
coaching to meet the organizational unit’s challenges and goals.
▪ Serve as a role model to ensure employees’ awareness and commitment to the Bank’s vision,
mission, values, the Bank fundamentals and corporate strategy to establish a highly engaged and
motivated manpower, and continuously improve performance
Organization Structure, Manpower Planning and Budgeting
▪ Define an optimal organization structure for the Group Legal & Compliance function and direct the
development of the respective functional structure to ensure efficient and effective utilization of
▪ Provide support and input for the development of the function’s manpower plan collaborating with Human
Capital to ensure timely and best-of-class delivery of tasks.
▪ Provide direction on the preparation and consolidation of the function’s budget in line with the Bank’s
annual business plan.
▪ Oversee the consolidation and recommend the function’s budget and monitor financial performance
versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory
performance are identified, and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement
opportunities are capitalized upon.
▪ Direct functional departments towards continuous improvement and the achievement of the Bank’
business plan, budget and KPI’s, responding proactively and making changes as required.
▪ Stays abreast of the latest technology and tools available for use to ensure the department operates as
efficiently as possible whilst delivering a responsive client and customer focused service.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
▪ Provide direction for the development and implementation of functional policies, systems, processes and
procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement to ensure an efficient and effective operation.
▪ Ensure operations are in compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures
and instructions related to all relevant regulatory directives to ensure a safe and risk-free environment.
▪ Build high levels of trust and understanding with key internal and external stakeholders to promote full
compliance with industry regulations and promote broader understanding of the Bank’s interests and
▪ Direct the planning, implementation and monitoring of major change initiatives across the organization,
and highlight to the management on critical findings, to enable informed decision making and ensure
that projects are completed on time, within budget and as per quality standards.
Job Specific Accountabilities
▪ Advise the CEO and BoD and ensure they are constantly informed of amendments or new laws in
order to minimize legal risks and incorporate all legal updates into the Bank’s legal framework in line
with SAMA guidelines.
▪ Lead and provide legal reviews in the development of contracts and support internal stakeholders in the
resolution of all issues/disputes/risks in order to secure the bank’s interests.
▪ Advise and influence business departments on the adoption of solutions that are aligned with the
bank’s risk appetite and based on a thorough understanding of business operations and stakeholder
requirements to mitigate any potential risk.
▪ Ensure that the litigation department engages closely with external legal counsels representing the
Bank to provide support, formulate strategy and agree on approach in order to achieve strategic impact
for the Bank’s interest.
▪ Monitor the execution of legal contract that allows the deployment of communication channels between
different stakeholders and intervene as needed to solve arising legal issues
▪ Ascertain that the required governance enablers are in place (board committees, charter, composition,
roles and duties) and that decisions items agreed upon at the board and committee levels are followed
to achieve the Bank’s goals and objectives.
Compliance & Anti Money Laundering
▪ Guide and direct business issues related to AML, sanctions and Anti-Corruption laws and regulations to
achieve compliance that align with the Bank’s best practices.
▪ Approve new products/services, new business initiatives, licensing related materials, marketing
materials and other documentation to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations in line
with SAMA guidelines.
▪ Ensure compliance with AML requirements; in particular, account activity reviews and investigations to
identify unusual and suspicious patterns and intervene as needed to solve arising issues.
▪ Deliver responsive, sound, coherent and consistent compliance advice, interpretation and
recommendations on regulations policies, product and business initiatives, as well as clarify and
resolve uncertainties in rules and regulations affecting business transactions and practices to align with
▪ Oversee compliance of the Bank’s entities and ensure appropriate reporting to the Bank’s CEO.
▪ Oversee the resolution of delinquent accounts for debt collection operations, control track of assigned
accounts to detect outstanding debts, and plan a strategy to recover missing payments to ensure
adherence with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and service quality expectations.
▪ Lead the onboarding of recovery agencies to assist in the recovery of write-offs, including contract
management and SLA definition.