Assumes overall responsibility for optimizing investment selection and operational value
creation to support the bank goals and objectives through – investment research and
analysis, recommending suitable investments, development of differentiated products and
funds and asset management strategy development and execution. As a member of
the bank Management Committee has joint responsibility for developing and deploying
regular business activities.
- Direct and manage Group employees in performing their roles, responsibilities and delegated tasks.
- Conduct performance evaluation reviews for direct reports, identify and ensure they acquire the
required managerial or functional skills and knowledge.
- Lead annual budget setting process for the Group.
- Create a productive and healthy work environment within the Group, and foster high attention to
details and efficient knowledge transfer among employees.
- Working with HR, ensures that appropriate development programs are in place to enhance the skills
of employees and to allow for a robust succession plan.
- Active member of Management Committee to align plans and strategies for Groups and Departments
and monitor all on-going activities.
- Develops strategic objectives and KPI’s for Product Development, Fund Management and Wealth
- Reviews periodically the performance of each of his departments and recommends and implements
changes to improve performance.
- Ensures operational procedures and processes are in place for Product Development, Fund
Management and Wealth Management and are being deployed as per policy.
- Identifies, develops and manages the investment strategy, business plans for asset categories and
individual investments, and overall investment budget based on extensive research and modelling.
- Works with Fund Managers to recommend and implement asset allocation strategies, monitors and
reviews fund performance and ensure realization of defined performance targets.
- Ensures market awareness and seeks to identify the appropriate investment and operational
opportunities through developing and maintaining relevant business networks/relationship.
- Works with Product Development to focus on customizing / localizing products and building
differentiated local real estate, emerging markets and trade finance funds in collaboration with the bank
Capital asset management fund structuring experts.
- Supports the team of investment advisors to distribute funds to Large Corporate, Institutional, HNWI,
and sophisticated affluent investors
- Manages investment transactional activities including but not limited to relationships with shareholders
and other stakeholders, investment banks, investment partners, lawyers and accountants.
- Communicates with the Investment Committee and the Executive Committee for review and approval
of new deals and operational plans and other transactional activities.
- Manages relationships with external consultants to ensure value for money and projects are
implemented in line with requirements.
Minimum Job Qualifications Requirement (Academic, training, languages, etc.)
Master’s in Business Administration in Investment Management, Finance or any related field.
CFA (or equivalent) is preferred.
CME – I passed
Minimum Work Experience:
8 – 10 ten years of experience in in managing investments, including asset and funds management,
corporate finance and investment bank advisory services roles