▪ As a member of the leadership team, contribute to the broader development of the Bank’s vision,
mission and strategy to ensure the organization achieves its short, medium, and long-term objectives.
▪ Lead the development of the functional strategy for the assigned function, ensuring its alignment with the
broader objectives of the organization.
▪ Oversee the development and achievement of the function’s performance metrics in order to meet the
Bank’s organization goals and key performance indicator targets.
▪ Build and lead a motivated, engaged and competent manpower throughout the function, by setting
functional priorities and objectives, managing performance, and providing ongoing feedback and
coaching to meet the organizational unit’s challenges and goals.
▪ Serve as a role model to ensure employees’ awareness and commitment to the Bank’s vision,
mission, values, the Bank fundamentals and corporate strategy to establish a highly engaged and
motivated manpower, and continuously improve performance.
Define an optimal organization structure for the Customer Experience function and direct the
development of the respective functional structure to ensure efficient and effective utilization of
▪ Provide support and input for the development of the function’s manpower plan collaborating with Human
Capital to ensure timely and best-of-class delivery of tasks.
▪ Provide direction on the preparation and consolidation of the function’s budget in line with the Bank’s
annual business plan.
▪ Oversee the consolidation and recommend the function’s budget and monitor financial performance
versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, areas of unsatisfactory
performance are identified, and potential areas of cost reduction or performance improvement
opportunities are capitalized upon.
▪ Direct functional departments towards continuous improvement and the achievement of the Bank’
business plan, budget and KPI’s, responding proactively and making changes as required.
▪ Stays abreast of the latest technology and tools available for use to ensure the department operates as
efficiently as possible whilst delivering a responsive client and customer focused service.
▪ Build high levels of trust and understanding with key internal and external stakeholders to promote full
compliance with industry regulations and promote broader understanding of the Bank’s interests and
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
▪ Provide direction for the development and implementation of functional policies, systems, processes and
procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement to ensure an efficient and effective operation.
▪ Ensure operations are in compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures
and instructions related to all relevant regulatory directives to ensure a safe and risk-free environment.
▪ Direct the planning, implementation and m
monitoring of major change initiatives across the organization,
and highlight to the management on critical findings, to enable informed decision making and ensure
that projects are completed on time, within budget and as per quality standards.
Job Specific Accountabilities
Marketing & Branding
▪ Oversee the development and execution of the Marketing and Branding strategy to ensure that the
Bank’s brand identity, strategy, and brand management are in compliance with financial monitoring
systems in order to monitor the bank’s brand integrity in line with governance regulations.
▪ Lead the development of effective brand advertising and promotional campaigns to ensure that brand
awareness is improved through the use of relevant marketing channels, and that brand awareness
promotion, measurement, monitoring, and reporting are in line with the Bank’s best marketing and
▪ Lead and supervise all market research projects aimed at acquiring a better understanding of consumer
satisfaction and feedback regarding retail banking products and services, ensuring the collection of useful
and relevant data for analysis and deep dive.
▪ Oversee the development and execution of Communications strategy to ensure consistent interaction
with clients, peers, and the general public in accordance with the Bank’s best engagement standards.
Lead the Bank’s corporate internal and external communications, media and public relations and events
to ensure well positioned messaging and timely flow of information about the Bank’s strategic goals to
the respective target audiences.
▪ Oversee the tracking and reporting of return on investment and key performance indicators for all of the
department’s communication activities in line with set guidelines to assess progress against the Bank’s
customer experience objectives.
▪ Oversee the development and execution Customer Services strategy to ensure that consumer queries
concerning core banking services, such as account balances, interest rates, and fees, are answered
promptly and to review suspicious behavior and help customers secure their accounts in line with the
Bank’s best customer experience practices.
▪ Oversee the development and execution of Network RM strategy to ensure the establishment of
appropriate authorization privileges and authentication measures, logical and physical access controls,
adequate infrastructure security to maintain appropriate boundaries and restrictions on both internal and
external user activities and data integrity of transactions records and information for the Bank’s Network
▪ Lead the design of norms and procedures for the Bank’s operation processes to ensure the
improvement and streamline of the branch network in accordance with set guidelines.