The candidate will have specialized experience and technical capability to deliver an end-to-end control framework along with advanced analytics applicable to market risk activities, ALM, modelling, Liquidity Risk, Economic Capital and related functional / operational capacity. In addition, the candidate will be also be responsible
- Relative to Market Risk Portfolio, ALM & Liquidity Risk Management;
- Review and propose necessary changes to the existing portfolio management techniques and procedures for the domestic and overseas business in light of changing market conditions based on Basel Committee recommendations/ other best practices and QCB or any host regulator regulations and guidelines to ensure that a sound environment for identifying, assessing, measuring, monitoring and controlling Risk is in place.
- Leverage on the necessary tools, systems, and MIS reports for monitoring of limits that relate to borrowers, counterparties, cross-border Group entities and more specifically excess over limit, expired limits, expired facilities, classification of advances per credit rating criteria, related party exposure and credit concentration, Liquidity monitoring and related market risk exposures
- Support for correction of any weaknesses identified during assessments, audits, or examinations by internal/ external audit staff, Group Compliance personnel, regulators examiners or Sharia’ auditors as applicable.
- Assist in implementing risk policy & controls that ensure transactions are carried out in accordance with approved policies/ limits and in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- monitoring and controlling Operational Risk is in place.
- Implement tools, for identification and assessment of operational risk such as Self Risk Assessment, Risk Mapping, Risk Indicators, construction/ maintenance of an Operational Loss Database etc.
- Support the efforts to enable the Group to meet the requirements of operational risk management as specified by the Country Central Bank/Regulator.
- Ensure collection and maintenance of comprehensive data (viz. amount, frequency, severity etc.) on operational losses including losses due to people, processes or systems and analyse data by reason, department, business etc. to comply with Basel II requirements.
- Promote the integrity of business continuity principles, methodology and strategy through the development, implementation and ongoing management of BCM, end-to-end.
- Ensure the preparation of concise and informative risk information MIS reports.
- Strengthen internal control through more effective and efficient entity-level controls. Address/ facilitate correction of any weaknesses identified during assessments, audits or examinations.
- University graduate (Bachelor’s degree) preferably with a Major in Finance, Banking, Economics, or Mathematics (related field of study in a quantitative subject), Masters preferred.
- Professional certification such as FRM, CPA, CFA will be advantageous.
- 5-7 years of experience in international banking with specific focus on Liquidity Risk Management, Stress tests, & ALM quantitative methods.
- Knowledge of financial markets and products.
- In-depth understanding of risk methodologies, interest rate modelling, VAR, and/or other complex financial risk modelling.
- Strong understanding of operational risks across the full product/ process range found in banks/ FSI.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and/or projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequate knowledge of IT systems/ applications.
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements, International Accounting Standards and related pronouncements, including related best practices.
- Self-motivated, eye for detail.
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure.