- This is role is primarily to handle all payments verticals including implementation of ISO 20022 standards and management of new payments infrastructure in the UAE.
- Lead the Cash Client Journey Payments teams supporting clients based in the UAE and providing operational capabilities in UAE to clients across the network. This includes Factory and Studio based activity performed by all country teams in region and teams based in hub locations supporting the country
- Drive constant client input into the client journey to elevate the client experience, and lead the service teams to deliver high quality client interactions with solutions that meet client expectations
- Work with the Cash Ops Head on the financial performance targets of front to back operations and drive the respective region/countries to prioritize investments into ensuring the Client Journey achieves delivery of the product backlog in line with the business strategy
- Ensure continual experimentation within the client journey to deliver outcomes that align to the strategy and product backlog
- To direct and control service delivery in relation to cash Management in the country
- To pro-actively manage risks associated with offering Cash Products
- To manage change – new products, new processes etc. without adverse impact to client and bank
- To manage the operations of the Cash management ops department, ensuring consistent delivery of high-quality services to internal and external customers and meeting objectives set by the Group using available resources allocated
- To create and maintain ‘Client Services Oriented’ culture / environment where processes are designed in order to bring overall efficiency in operations and at the same time achieve highest level of client satisfaction.
- To benchmark customer service with the market (which includes all appropriate service providers in the service industry) in the Cash business and determine ways of achieving leadership.
- Attend to client due diligence visit and if requested by clients, to arrange for visits to the regulators. Positive impression to the clients must be created through the adoption of standards issued by Group Services Delivery on client visits to preserve Bank’s professionalism.
- To ensure that appropriate internal controls and procedures are duly documented and adhered to.
- Ensure smooth branch operations for physical cash handling, clearing and remittance management
- To monitor the operation of such procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure they reflect any changes in products, systems, policy or regulations
- To ensure that the unit is working effectively, that necessary resources are available to the businesses and that costs are regularly reviewed and monitored to prevent waste.
- To ensure that effective business continuity plans and emergency management procedures exist
- To lead projects for various products in UAE and mainly Regulatory related projects. This includes overall project management from initiation to implementation; encompassing schedule, scope, cost, risks & issues management perspectives.
- To ensure all aspects of the projects are planned, coordinated and executed in a timely and controlled manner
People & Talent
- Ensure adequate protection of staff, assets and property. In the event of necessity, investigate fraud, loss and other irregularities. Take measures to prevent drug money laundering, computer and communications security as per guidelines.
- To encourage an environment where staff of all ranks seeks achievement through experimentation and creativity and sense satisfaction through service quality. Provide adequate training opportunity to develop a culture of excellence.
- To ensure that appropriate plans for capacity, succession etc. are in place for the country
- Accountable for identifying, managing and controlling risks by ensuring that all procedures and processes are in compliance with local regulations as well as relevant low of the domiciled country of the client to avoid risks to clients, Bank and the Group.
- To proactively identify and recommend on areas of risk/ opportunities arising from regulatory and market changes.
- To undertake continuous monitoring of key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls leading to effective management of Operational Risk.
- Ensuring alignment to SCB policies and procedures within the day to day processing environment of the function
- Ensuring Operation Units’ standards and roadmap abide by Group operating principles, policies and procedures as well as Country Addendums and Enterprise Risk Management Framework (“ERMF”)
- Ensuring that the execution of Operations’ functions are fully compliant with statutory regulations, laws, guidelines.
- Assist R&C in the overall effective and proactive management of all Operation units’ risks and control gaps
- Support the SPOC for various internal / external audits / reviews and liaise with various stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate information is provided.
- Responsible for tracking the issues raised from internal reviews and follow-through to resolution.
- Drive the audit round-up and audit ripple frameworks. Identify cross-border issues, agree the treatment plan and track closure.
- Provide support to R&C on operation related items presented in country BORFs, CNFRC, or any other risk forums/ committee – where necessary.
- Provide an oversight over the central repository of all contracts and ensure it is kept up-to-date for all third-party engagements.
- Provide an oversight over the central repository of EUC register and ensure that exceptions are escalated to the respective EUC owners and tracked till closure.
- Support the unit in assessing any dispensation requests.
- Provide an oversight over any dispensations obtained/granted and ensure these are kept up-to-date.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Cash Management Operations and Service UAE to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles with focus on Fair Outcomes for Clients; & building The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Head – Business Risk Management, MENA & AME
- Head, CCIB UAE
- Head -GBS Payments, Chennai, Bangalore & Malaysia
- Head – Transaction Banking Sales, UAE
- Head Cash Product UAE
- FM Dealers & ALM Teams UAE
- Head Technology UAE
- Corporate Support / Relationship Managers UAE
- Support Unit Dept Managers (Finance, Admin, IT,HR)
- Lead the units ISO and Local applications changes and strategy
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 12-15 years experience with a very strong background in Cash Management Operations & Client Servicing, with unique SME (subject matter expertise) capabilities on payments, remittances, Instant payments, ISO 20022, file based domestic payments processing, WPS, Commercial cards for Corporates, Direct Debits…
- Ability to run Large scale cash Operations projects independently and have strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret technical procedures, complex payment transactions, governmental regulations market information & risk that might impact the conduct agenda.
- Ability to face off with Regulators and local authorities on the payments landscape.
- Strong knowledge of data management, MI and predictive analytical skills.
- Strong background of people focused leadership with excellent engagement and retention results.
- A strong, proactive strategic thinker with evidence of delivering excellent client outcome.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills at senior level.
- Robust contract management experience.
- Strong communications (both written and spoken) skills.
- Ability to deliver consistent results under pressure.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Data Science
- ISO 20022 Certifications | Experience
- MX messaging knowledge
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers