The role will come with a material delegated lending discretion. With significant upcoming change, you’ll drive and deliver the development of credit to support business and customer requirements as well as the successful outcome of Credit Transformation and the goal of being an outstanding credit function.
Lead credit risk appetite to support sustainable growth through economic cycles including the analysis, rating, structuring, sanctioning and monitoring of SME names
Ensure end to end process is effective and efficient with clear roles and responsibilities
Work closely with the SME business leadership to understand business strategy, provide an independent view as a trusted risk partner and identify safe business opportunities
Provide early and solutions oriented advice to business on opportunities in line with risk appetite and returns criteria
Champion the growth of SME credit colleagues including recruiting and retaining diverse talent with the right skillsets for growth aspirations and driving a change mindset
Support colleague learning and wellbeing
Develop and embed ESG strategies and route to net zero
- Provide strategic portfolio direction on asset quality and identify emerging risks quickly with clear action plans
- Support portfolio, sector and product reviews including presentation to senior stakeholders
- Exercise credit authority delegation for significant transactions with appropriate oversight mechanisms across teams
- Manage 1RCSA process for SME Credit
- Support credit stewardship in first line, with clear understanding of credit risk principles, and challenge
- Effectively communicate portfolio developments to external stakeholders, regulators and auditors
- Support the significant change agenda across the SME business, notably in the development of further business with trading companies and the Growth and Structured Finance initiative
- Drive engagement and idea generation in the Credit Transformation journey
- Focus on change through simplification, efficiency, empowerment of credit officers, greater automation and use of data
What we need from you…!
You have extensive credit risk management and leadership experience across corporate businesses and an ability to quickly learn, adapt to new challenges and execute change. You’ll have well-developed communication and influencing skills and are happy to challenge the status quo whilst being comfortable making and explaining your decisions. You will be able to balance conflicting demands whilst delivering to tight timescales. You will be able to recognise and deliver the changing skillsets required for the Risk Division of the Future. Experience in business or workout considered helpful.