Asst. Manager Legal Department
Position: Asst. Manager
Grade range – 08 -09
Reporting to Head of Legal
Age Range : 35 years to 45 years
National/Expatriate : Both
Nationality preference : UAE national or other nationally
Other Qualifications (desirable) Bachelor on Law
Domain Experience :
- Minimum 10 years in legal Department of a medium sized Bank in a Managerial position.
- Experience in laws and corporate governance
- Supervise the Legal team and follow up and review their achievements / tasks / instructions /reports and ensure
- Managing regulatory returns for the bank.
- Provide legal advices and Provide regular input to the Management in all matters related to UAE laws.
- Draft and/or review and negotiate all types of contracts, deeds, legal documents, agreements, settlements and government communications.
- coordinate with Internal Al Shariaa supervisory committees for all Islamic finance documents and ensure Shariaa and legal compliance
- Follow and coordinate with all government authorities to get all required approvals and permissions.
- Provide inter-departmental advices / Opinions
- Attending to disputes & legal cases and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and
- Handel all Litigations Cases (Civil, Commercial, Islamic Finance, Real Estate and Criminal).
- Handle all fraud cases during all investigations process and criminal actions ending with insurance covering
- Making Settlement Agreements and Handle very high O/S
- Handled MIS reports of the bank and submissions
- Handled External Audit and Regulatory Audits for queries related to legal department
Technical Experience :
- Handle and follow up all Execution cases and court
- Handled MS Power Point presentations to the Management.
- Attend the investigation at police station and public prosecution.
- Formulate, provide, advise and / or review all contracts agreements between the company, third parties and new joint ventures to ensure that the company’s interest is protected and the best commercial position To ensure the company’s interests are fully protected and redress of grievance obtained.
- Attend court expert meetings
Preferred types of organizations :
- Previous worked in big banks in UAE- Legal dept
Human Resources Management :
- Must have managed minimum span of 5 subordinates
- Must have conducted staff meetings and counselling
- Must have conducted training sessions for staff
- Other training conducted as a faculty desirable
Projects handled :
- Projects handled with strategic importance
- Implementation projects handled during service period