Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Sector: Shared Services
The Financial Controller oversees the day to day activities of the finance team and ensures the company’s finance function is organized, efficient and produces accurate financial and management accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of the finance function and overseeing its implementation.
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows.
- Preparation of Monthly Consolidated Statements of Income, Financial Position and cash flow.
- Timely production of annual/quarterly statutory financial statements and monthly financial reports. Financial modelling and cost analysis.
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
- Submit financial information to lenders.
- Ensure that the financial statements are prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Liaise with external auditors and internal auditor.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accountancy or Financial Management
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (or equivalent)
- Required 5 to 10 years’ experience in financial control and management reporting.
- Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software (ERP) principles
- Able to demonstrate experience of managing a mid-sized accounting team
- The candidate should be confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
- Able to demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making, and a hands on approach