General Manager – Information Technology
- Management of the Information Technology Division of the Bank.
- Establishment, development and maintenance of Information Technology strategy, policy, standards and procedures.
- Responsible for the personnel and equipment resources, with accountability for the performance of production systems, systems development, maintenance and IT personnel training and development.
Major Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The development, implementation and maintenance of Information Technology strategies and solutions are fundamental to the continued success and profitability of the Bank.
- The identification and implementation cost saving solutions to support improved performance of the Bank through automation.
- The provision of an integrated cost effective wholesale and Retail Banking solution.
- Identification, selection, implementation and maintenance of a fully integrated Banking solution.
- Identify the Bank’s information processing needs, agree on priorities, plan and implement the priorities.
- Manage, organize and direct the day to day activities of the Information Technology Department.
- Prepare the budget and business plan for Information Technology department and ensure the division operates to agreed plans and within approved budgets.
- Select, train, develop and perform annual appraisals of IT staff to meet the current and future information processing needs of the Bank.
- Identify, evaluate, recommend and implement hardware and software solutions for the cost effective operation of the Bank.
- Develop, maintain and test cost effective plans and procedures for Disaster Recovery, to support the Bank’s information processing requirements and protect Bank ‘computer’ records in the event of systems failure or a major disaster.
- Develop, maintain and enforce IT Security Policies, Standards and Procedures to ensure security, confidentiality and integrity of computer held data, transportable magnetic media and printed output, across all areas of the Bank’s operations.
- Keep aware of developments in all aspects of information systems processing, identifying opportunities for the Bank.
- Establish and maintain technical policy and strategic direction for the Bank.
- Advise Bank senior management on all aspects of Information Technology.
- Negotiation with vendors on all information technology driven purchases on behalf of the Bank.