Head of Hedge Funds
(The activities to be performed to achieve the Job Objectives mentioned in 8 above)
10.1) Financials/Output related activities (Income/Expenses/Profit etc)
1. Establish and meet revenue target and key performance indicators
2. Increase portfolio size in line with the business objectives.
3. Originate investment opportunities and make recommendations to the investment committee.
4. Responsible for managing the bank’s proprietary portfolio covering Hedge Funds in order to meet the revenue target.This entails searching of new investment opportunities, monitoring of the portfolio and periodic reporting to the Investment Committee
5. Recommends strategy change as and when appropriate
10.2) Customer/Product/Market related activities (Internal / External) (e.g. Satisfaction, Acquisition, Retention, Cross-sell/Share-of-wallet, Relationship, Service, Product/Solutions)
1. Investigates new types of funds for investment potential e.g. UCITS and Replicant products
2. To be in continous touch with investment markets and keep upto date with developments in the hedge funds industry.
3. To meet potential and existing investment managers.
10.3) Process/Technical related activities (e.g. Risk, Controls, Compliance, Audit, Productivity, Quality, Discipline, Change Management, Adaptability, Success Transfer)
1. Maximize productivity from information sources like Albourne Partners Hedge Fund consultants, Peritrack database applications and Bloomberg.
2. Continuously enhance the quality of Investment Proposals.
3. Ensure that valid product program is in place
4. To ensure that the business is strictly managed in line with Banks’ internal guidelines, business & compliance related policies and relevant local regulations issued from time to time by SAMA, CMA or Government Departments / Agencies
5. Ensure RSCA process is accurately and actively managed
10.4) People/Leadership/Teamwork/Corporate Citizenship related activities (e.g. Collaboration/Team work, Knowledge sharing, Development, Sharing Resources/Helping others)
1. Provide guidance an coaching to team members and establish goals and objectives for the team
2. Work closely with key internal partners like Operations, Investment, Legal and Middle Office colleagues
3. To retain high potential individuals by adequately rewarding and motivating them. To provide guidance to all new comers including Management Associates.
4. Ensures that the unit members are sufficiently trained in the relevant areas of work to help them perform optimally.
5. Builds a cohesive and high potential team to manage the portfolio with standards measuring upto the top international financial institutions.
1. To be part of the BCP team and ensure that BCP is tested at least once in a year.
2. To ensure that there is no regulatory breaches or adverse internal or external audit comments measured by zero financial penalty or financial loss to the Organization.
Required (Minimum) Desirable (Additional)
Level of Education Major Level of Education Major
Bachelors Degree Others Professional Qualification Finance
12) Experience Type of Organizations Type of Job / Projects Years of Experience
12.1) Required (Minimum) Financial Services Investment experience 10
12.2) Desirable (Additional) Accounting Hedge fund due dilligence 5
Legal & Compliance Documentation/termsheets 3
IT Knowledge of financial software 3
13) Job specific knowledge Required Minimum Proficiency Level (Scale of 1 to 5) – Optional
Understanding of Hedge Funds 3) Demonstrated most of the time
14) Job specific / technical skills Required Minimum Proficiency Level (Scale of 1 to 5) – Optional
Knowledge of financial software; Pertrac,Bloomberg and others 3) Demonstrated most of the time
Good Excel and Word skills 3) Demonstrated most of the time
Ability to review legal documentation 2) Occasionally demonstrated
15.1) Core Competencies Required Minimum Proficiency Level (Scale of 1 to 5) – Optional
Customer Focus 3) Demonstrated most of the time
Organizational commitment 3) Demonstrated most of the time
Peer collaboration and Interpersonal Effectiveness 3) Demonstrated most of the time
Self Control 3) Demonstrated most of the time
15.2) Leadship Competencies Required Minimum Proficiency Level (Scale of 1 to 5) – Optional
Innovation Management 3) Demonstrated most of the time
Crisis Management 3) Demonstrated most of the time
Perseverance 3) Demonstrated most of the time
Planning & Organizing 3) Demonstrated most of the time
15.3) Functional Competencies Required Minimum Proficiency Level (Scale of 1 to 5) – Optional
Financial Analysis 3) Demonstrated most of the time
Attention to detail 3) Demonstrated most of the time
Risk Assessment 3) Demonstrated most of the time