Private Equity Analyst
|· Conduct extensive desktop research in order to identify attractive investment opportunities and gain in-depth sector knowledge and expertise;
· Prepare internal investment memorandums, private placement memorandums, valuation models & analysis and in-depth financial & commercial analyses;
· Support and assist senior deal team members in managing and executing Private Equity transactions.
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities
|Strategic||· Identify and evaluate investment opportunities for the Private Equity department.|
|Operational||· Assist senior members of the Private Equity team throughout the entire deal process including origination and execution (including valuation, due diligence and legal documentation);
· Report to and liaise with associates and internal departments on day-to-day deal and process-related issues;
· Assist with the sale process of investee companies including placement efforts.
|Financial||· Conduct extensive financial analysis including financial modelling and valuation;
· Conduct post-acquisition monitoring and active participation in operational matters of invest companies including re-organizations, expansions and financing requirements.
|People||· Work successfully in a team environment, applying skills of collaboration, negotiation and group decision-making.|
Decision Making Authorities
|· Formulate of recommendations to senior team members on investment opportunities.|
|Senior Management, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Finance, Operations and IT.||Advisors, legal counsel, consultants, banks, accountants, potential and actual investee companies.
|Education||· Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent, preferably with major in Finance/Accounting;
· CFA designation achieved or in-progress.
|Experience||· 1-2 Years of relevant experience in a top tier investment bank, private equity & venture capital firm, Big 4 accounting firm or reputable advisory boutique;
· Regional experience is an advantage but not required.
|Functional Knowledge||· Knowledge of investment processes, valuation, financial modelling skills and legal documentation process;
· Experience in liaising with external parties and management of companies;
· Investor mindset with the ability to have a clear view of the advantages and disadvantages of an investment opportunity.
|Behavioral Skills||· Excellent team-working ability;
· Strong attention to detail;
· Solid leadership skills;
· Motivation, drive and desire to perform well and exceed expectations;
· Excellent communication skills. Ability to liaise with external parties and internal management.