|Job Title:||Operations Manager|
|Department:||OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT (OPS)|
Position Direct Reporting Lines
- Plan, Prioritize, Direct and Coordinate the operations of all ongoing projects in the field.
- Ensure and enhance the performance, productivity and profitability of all field operations activities.
- Develop, Implement and manage field projects plans and procedure.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity.
- Monitor Cost, Optimize Resources and execute projects on time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to ANABEEB Safety and Quality Policies, Rules and Regulations, as well Clients specific policies
- Effectively contributing at all stages of the planned operations projects from the bidding activity till the post execution and full completion of the project.
- Has the full responsibility on all the projects’ allied activities from planning, preparation, execution till the proper completion of all ongoing jobs at the clients’ sites, and coordinates with other department managers any other off-site activity or assignment.
- Fully accountable about P&L statements for all operations departments and sections, to ensure the proper control on the various expenses leading to meet the budgeted turnover and profitability.
- Keep excellent communication and close coordination with existing clients to ensure their highest satisfaction and develop any potential business opportunity in the market jointly with our sales & marketing team.
- Ensure the proper planning and execution of all awarded projects by ensuring the full compliance with our quality standards, safety measure and timeliness, also applying the utmost level of efficiency in the manpower and equipment’s utilisation per project.
- Assign work to various Project Managers/Project Leaders/Supervisors to closely oversee the management of projects and be fully ready to interfere at any stage to provide the required assistance and support to the execution team.
- Provide coaching and support to his subordinates and build a strong operations team working together in full harmony, also helping them in pursuing their personal development plans.
- Ensure effective equipment and resource allocation for all Jobs and Projects by coordinating with all engaged departments (HR, Supply Chain, CED, Finance).
- Review and provide comment on invitations for tender. Review project execution packages, prepared by Office Engineering.
- Carry out contract and budget review in preparation for the planning of staff, resources and the execution of the work.
- Prepare and distribute a periodic planning document to inform selected managerial staff on OPS activities, indicate involvement of other disciplines or departments.
- Approve project organization set up in preparation for the realization of the work.
- Formal approval of variations of contract, based on documented information (as prepared by the Project Manager or Job Supervisor).
- Approve project related requisitions and purchase orders.
- Verify and document the field performance at regular intervals.
- Monitor and report on work, quality, safety, health and environmental issues.
- Identify the need for project and work procedures.
- Approve and issue the relevant documents required for the compilation of the invoice to the Client.
- Arrange for yearly performance reports for all staff, including the identification of training needs.
Position Relationship with Other Parties
|Within the Organization (Department)||Purpose of Communication|
|Dept. Manager/ Section Heads||Delegate task and establish work schedulesCoordinate and monitor work performanceControl Cost and Improve Efficient functioning|
|Outside the Organization|
|Contractors / Clients||Managing scheduled site related worksProject kick of meeting & Execution progress meetingTender Review/ Job Explanation Meeting|
|Report Name||Role||Presented to||Frequency|
|Operational Reports||Prepare||General Manager||Monthly|
|Department Report||Prepare||General Manager||Bi- Annual for board meeting|
|CAPEX||Prepare||General Manager||Annual Budget|
|Essential Qualification and Experience|
|Education:||Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.|
|Experience:||More than 20 years of relevant experience in project management in the oil and gas/petrochemical related industries preferably in shutdown and turnaround activities.|
|Skills:||Strong Managerial, analytical and leadership skills.Excellent in communication, computer skills.Team player and able to manage multi-national workforce.|
Project Manager (AIS)
- He should have background of B.E. Mechanical and have fair knowledge of Petrochemical/ Refinery/ Steel/ Mining plant.
- He should know about the common activities such as HPWJ, Vacuuming, Bolt torqueing & Tensioning, Cold Cutting, Catalyst loading/ unloading, Breathing Apparatus, Shutdown activities related to Static equipment (Column, Vessel, Heat Exchanger, Heaters, Chimney, Waste heat boiler, Re-boilers etc.), Gas cutting, Welding, Post weld Heat treatment, Lifting of heavy equipment, Selection of Crane capacity.
- Lead and supervise the team of professionals which includes area / discipline leaders, planners, QA/QC engineers etc. in Plant Maintenance Shutdown in Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industry.
- Overall management of the shutdown / project site.
- Challenge and optimize the schedule & resources requests prepared by planner / leaders.
- Responsible to execute the shutdown as per the scope of works and within the schedule & budget.
- Understand contract terms, obligations and requirements.
- Responsible for complete pre and post shutdown planning, site execution and manpower & equipment loading.
- Hands on experience to review the schedule in detail including tasks, duration, static equipment maintenance works & retrofit works.
- Hands on experience to evaluate the manpower and equipment requirement for static equipment shutdown retrofit works.
- Identify the potential risk and establish the approach to mitigate those risk by planning out preventive measures.
- Plan, define, verify and control the scope of work in order to ensure that shutdown project includes all the works required in including manpower and equipment.
- Responsible to maintain & review the progress & productivity status report and interpretate the reports for implementing better productivity, efficiency and optimization of resources.
- Ensure execution of the project as per plan while following corrective and preventive actions.
- Record the area of improvements for future, prepare post turnaround / shutdown report and arrange critique meeting like lesson learn.
- Must have proven leadership qualities and able to organize/ supervise upto 100 project leader, planners/ scheduler, QA/QC Engineer, site Supervisor etc., of different discipline and able to manage the site organization independently having ± 3000 people (direct & indirect)
- Must have skill in building partnership with clients, excellent in communication and team building.
- Must have skill in preparation and settlement of claims as per contractual obligations.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Saudi Arabia