VP / Head of Asset Management
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- A. degree in economics, financial management, international finance or mathematics, or a related field.
- CME1 & Professional designation such as CFA are required.
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- 10-15 years’ experience in one or more areas of Asset Management in regional or international institutions with at least 5 years in a senior managerial position.
- Good knowledge of / exposure to the MENA markets.
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written communication skills)
- Proven strong leadership skills.
- Extensive experience in liaising with professional external clients and regulators.
- Comprehension of investment vehicles and the ability to gather and interpret research from various sources.
- Expertise in trading both quantitatively and fundamentally driven strategies.
- Developing, managing and growing the Asset Management business and team operations in local, regional and international financial markets in line with the company’s investment guidelines.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Developing the department budget/plan in line with the company’s strategy and the market outlook/ trends.
- Ensuring that all targets are met or exceeded.
- Complying with CMA and Tadawul relevant regulations & requirements.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Profitably grow the company’s assets under management.
- Managing strategic and tactical asset allocation and portfolio optimization.
- Generate new fund/ product proposals and oversee their implementation.
- Managing and maintaining high and consistent performance of Mutual funds.
- Enhance the policy and procedures for asset management and ensure staff compliance.
- Supervise and review the measurement of risk-adjusted performance of assets and generate periodic and timely performance reports.
- Develop strong business relationships with key investment fund clients.
- Support sales presentations and road shows.
- Review and consolidate reporting business units’ budgets to develop the overall department budget/ plan.
- Coordinate and lead internal and external sales initiatives and plans.